For our Karmy army twitter users, here is your job!
There are about 31,251 square miles of roads, parking lots, driveways, playgrounds, bike paths, and sidewalks in the lower 48 states. If Julie and Scott Brusaw have their way, they will all someday be replaced with solar panels.
For the better part of a decade, the Idaho couple has been working on prototyping an industrial-strength panel that could withstand the weight of even the largest trucks. They now appear to have cracked the formula, developing a specially textured glass coating for the panels that can not only bear tremendous loads but also support standard tire traction.
By their reckoning, at peak installation their panelized roads could produce more than three times the electricity consumed in the U.S.
The material could power electric vehicles through a receiver plate mounted beneath the vehicle and a transmitter plate is installed in the road.
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLY IMPORTANT AND UNBELIEVABLY DISAPPOINTING THAT IT’S GOTTEN SUCH LITTLE ATTENTION.
PEOPLE THINK ABOUT IT, JUST HOW MANY ROADS THERE ARE ALL OVER THE WORLD AND HOW MUCH ENERGY COULD BE PRODUCED USING THESE LIKE SERIOUSLY “THREE TIMES THE ELECTRICITY CONSUMED IN THE U.S”. IT’S NOT JUST GOING TO HELP REDUCE THE AMOUNTS OF GREEN HOUSE EMISSIONS, IT’S GOING TO CREATE JOBS IN THE COUNTRIES IT’S USED IN. IT HAS SO MUCH EXTRA STUFF IT’S UNBELIEVABLE HOW AMAZING THE ROAD COULD BE.
THESE PEOPLE ARE SAINTS, THEY’VE WORKED THEIR BUTTS OFF AND VOLUNTEERS HAVE WORKED JUST AS HARD TO GET TO THIS LEVEL BUT THEY STILL HAVE JUST UNDER $ 800,000 TO RAISE IN 15 DAYS.
THIS SORTA STUFF IS HOW WE’RE GOING TO CREATE A GREENER EARTH AND IT’S BEEN VIRTUALLY IGNORED BY TUMBLR. WE NEED TO SUPPORT THIS STUFF AND THESE SORTS OF PEOPLE WHO SELFLESSLY DEDICATE THEIR WORK TO CREATING A BETTER WORLD.
PLEASASASASASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS.
Science-Pone has spoken
Today is the first time I’ve seen the Kiev revolutions in mainstream media. Not enough people know what is going on, they say that media censorship doesn’t exist in America, but it certainly fucking does. What pisses me off is that this has been going on since November and this is the first a lot of people have heard of it. These people have had their lives completely flipped, and are “…forced to resort to Eighteenth Century mentalities” -hausoflili. They’re setting up barricades in the streets for Christ sake, creating makeshift armour and weapons out of whatever materials they can find. 67 people are dead, dozens are missing, and 100’s are hurt. If you don’t care about Kiev, I don’t care about you.
Read More: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-crisis/deadliest-day-dozens-more-die-bloody-ukraine-protests-n34276
The Revolution Will Be Televised. Watch Live from Independence Square: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-crisis/watch-live-look-independence-square-kiev-n33461
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH MEANS THE GOVERNMENT CANT THROW YOU IN JAIL FOR VOICING YOUR OPINION IT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR PEERS CANNOT VIEW IT NEGATIVELY OR REPRIMAND YOU ON BEING A DICK IT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT IS OBLIGED TO PUT UP WITH YOU GIVING THEM A BAD NAME IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU GET TO BE OPPRESSIVE IN YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS THEN CRY WHEN YOU ARE CALLED OUT ON IT NOW SHUT UP FUCK PLEASE AND THANK
Also, fun fact: being nice to someone you hate does NOT make you two faced
it makes you a mature adult who knows when to pick their battles and when to just let it go and tolerate someone for their shitty personality.
if you think otherwise grow up
SO MANY PEOPLE TO SHOW THIS TO IT ACTUALLY HURTS ME
RELATIONSHIP LESSON: One night President Obama and his wife Michelle decided to do something out of routine and go for a casual dinner at a restaurant that wasn’t too luxurious. When they were seated, the owner of the restaurant asked the President’s secret service if he could please speak to the First Lady in private. They obliged and Michelle had a conversation with the owner.
Following this conversation President Obama asked Michelle, “Why was he so interested in talking to you?” She mentioned that in her teenage years, he had been madly in love with her. President Obama then said, “So if you had married him, you would now be the owner of this lovely restaurant?” Michelle responded, “No, if I had married him, he would now be the President.”
Believe it or not, sometimes it’s a woman that makes a man who he is. So for the single men that are still searching for a wife, may God help you to find that help mate that will turn you from ” a nobody” into “a somebody”. For that single lady that is reading this, may you be that blessing no man can do without.
I just love them.
When I was like five years old I remember walking out of my room one day and remembering that I had a belly button, so I lifted my shirt up and put my pinky in my belly button. Then I started thinking about Halloweentown high on Disney Chanel and the part where they’re in the movie theater and i thought “what if my life is just a movie/dream and bunch of dead skeletons are watching just waiting for me to come join them in theater to watch someone else’s life”
Then I thought that they lived in my stomach and the best way out is through my belly button and yeah I’m an only child I got lonely